Saturday, January 1, 2011

Revell Thirty Years War infantry



This took me about thirty months to paint.
As a diversion from Naps, I thought I'd snack on another era. This practically choked me instead. After some research on uniforms it quickly turned into a mess—mercenaries, laces, breeches, knee socks, feathers, sleeves, all depending on princes, lords, municipalities, religious affiliation. Throw in that most soldiers wore their civilian clothes and well, good grief! After painting a handful I stopped and spent more time deliberating, researching, untangling and getting discouraged. To TYW enthusiasts, I'm sure these are horrifically inaccurate.

In the end, I chucked at all and painted them according to Revell's box art. I like the end result but I doubt I'll ever dabble in the TYW again.
Unless I find the Imperial Artillery. For a decent price.







Happy new year!

2 comments:

Tarih1964 said...

Another beautiful work!

The right start into the new year!

Thanks for posting!

By the way "Happy new Year!" to you and your family.

MM

Cara said...

This is a great bllog